Saturday 18 February 2012

Self Portrait


Creating a self portrait of yourself by photographing someone else is much harder than first thought. The idea of this was to judge how well you handled communicating with your model. That wasn't what I found difficult. It was thinking of something that would show my character through his actions. It was this that I decided to go with. The hands on hip, head tilted to the side with a huge grin on the face is something of a popular occurrence with me when a camera is pointed my way.
     The lighting, as it was shot in the Studio was a simple set up - a medium sized soft box situated directly in front of the model, about head hight. This then allowed me to captured the image from below, crouched down, to give the model some authority within the image by appearing quite tall.

I just wish I had got the backdrop much darker.

No comments:

Post a Comment